A Global Standard for the Identification of Key Biodiversity Areas
- The KBA Global Standard was developed by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and provides criteria to identify Key Biodiversity Areas.
A National Standard for the Identification of Key Biodiversity Areas in Canada
- Adapted from the Global KBA Standard, the equally rigorous and quantitative National Standard allows us to comprehensively include Canadian conservation priorities in our work, such as species and ecosystems at risk in Canada that aren’t threatened globally. A French translation of the National Standard is also available.
Guidelines for using A Global Standard for the Identification of Key Biodiversity Areas
- The KBA Guidelines were developed to help users apply the KBA criteria. These guidelines explain the key terms in each of the criteria, and how to measure the criteria using different assessment parameters.
KBA Canada Proposal form
Key Biodiversity Areas in Canada 1-pager
- This one-page PDF provides the relevant background information for Key Biodiversity Areas and describes the work plan for the identification of KBAs in Canada.
KBA Canada Brochure
- This brochure describes the need for KBAs, who is behind the initiative, and our next steps for establishing KBAs in Canada.
NatureServe Canada range maps